Background Image

1. Enter the address play.pearlmc.net in to your Minecraft client to start playing on Pearlmc. :)
  2. We're on Twitter! Follow @PearlmcNet for updates and tips about our server!
  3. Be sure to Like our page on Facebook! We're at facebook.com/Pearlmc.Net
  4. Join our Discord server for both voice and text chat out of game!

Visit the Pearlmc Discord Server thread for full information.

Upcoming Server Move

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Dragoness, Nov 16, 2014.

1. Dragoness

Dragoness Archon

Update: The move has been completed. :happy:

In the last week, I rented a new dedicated server from a well-known hosting company. While there is likely to be little difference noticed in-game between which machine the game server is on, the gain from the actual differences should make Pearl more resilient to heavier load on the new one. I set up software needed and began preparation to move Pearl over.

As this move is non-emergency, I have the opportunity to reduce downtime by moving the data when it's convenient and in a couple steps. However, when it comes to the point of the world files, I will need to have the server offline for the entire process of creating a backup, packaging, and transferring them over to the new machine. The total downtime may be in the range of 6 ~ 14 hours, depending on when it's most opportune to move each part and if I have to do any troubleshooting.

Outside of the when the server instance is down, I have planned the approach to the change in the underlying ip address so you will not need to worry about doing anything special. Simply connect to play.pearlmc.net as usual and as long as the server is live, you will be successful. :)

I am hoping to complete this move by Wednesday. However, it may be done sooner if things go particularly well or take a little longer if I need more time to make the change go more smoothly.

Last edited: Nov 18, 2014
  2. Primaxed

Primaxed Member

Ooooh, another step forward for Pearl :woot:! By any chance, does this mean that we are updating to 1.8 any time soon?.....no pressure though :) Anyways, once again, nice job.

3. Dragoness

Dragoness Archon

I'm not yet certain when we'll be able to update to 1.8, but hopefully not too much more of a wait. :)

4. Primaxed

Primaxed Member