Background Image

1. Enter the address play.pearlmc.net in to your Minecraft client to start playing on Pearlmc. :)
  2. We're on Twitter! Follow @PearlmcNet for updates and tips about our server!
  3. Be sure to Like our page on Facebook! We're at facebook.com/Pearlmc.Net
  4. Join our Discord server for both voice and text chat out of game!

Visit the Pearlmc Discord Server thread for full information.

Name Change Q&A

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Dragoness, Feb 4, 2015.

1. Dragoness

Dragoness Archon

If you have additional questions, or notice something was missed as being affected by name changes, please do say something. :)

Will changing my name reset my information?
    The short answer is no. Your data will still exist on the server.

However, during today and potentially tomorrow, you may see your economy balance at 1rp on a freshly renamed account. Additionally, homes are currently still attached to names instead of Mojang IDs.

Please contact staff if you change your name so we can get your balance and homes sorted out.

How will I recognize someone with a changed name?
    The "/seen" command shows if a player was previously known by a different name. No need to worry that you won't recognize your friends! :woot:

How do I change my name?
    You must have a Mojang account. If you log in with an email address instead of your username, then you have a Mojang account. If you are logging in using your username, you will need to first migrate your Minecraft account to Mojang.
    1. Go to Mojang.com and log in to your account.
    2. Next to your Minecraft name in the Games List will be a "(Change)" link to the name change form.
    3. On the name change form, you will see a field for the new name you're interested in. Be sure to click the button to "Check availability".
    4. When you're ready, enter your account password in the appropriate field and click "Change name"
    5. You will be shown a pop-up asking you to confirm the name change. If you're certain you have the name you want, press the big green "Yes" button.
    The next you log in to your client, your name will be shown as changed.

What else do I need to know?
    Please view the entirety of Mojang's blog post Announcing Minecraft name changes, especially if you are planning to change your name. It covers the limitations of name changes, including that you can only change once per 30 days.

2. cyberdrifter

cyberdrifter Archon

This means if you change your name you will not be invited to other player’s homes, nor will players be invited to yours (new invites must be given). You will have to set your home(s) again (staff can help).
    Just be aware that you will not immediately be able to jump one or your homes or a friend’s home.

Last edited: Feb 4, 2015