Background Image

1. Enter the address play.pearlmc.net in to your Minecraft client to start playing on Pearlmc. :)
  2. We're on Twitter! Follow @PearlmcNet for updates and tips about our server!
  3. Be sure to Like our page on Facebook! We're at facebook.com/Pearlmc.Net
  4. Join our Discord server for both voice and text chat out of game!

Visit the Pearlmc Discord Server thread for full information.

Server Update?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Primaxed, Aug 12, 2018.

1. Primaxed

Primaxed Member

Just wondering, will the next Pearl update be to 1.12 or 1.13? Also, in approximately how long will we get the next update? Will the new Ateph be released with any upcoming update?

Sorry for the bombardment of questions :)

2. Dragoness

Dragoness Archon

Your questions are entirely reasonable, no apologies needed. :)

I had hoped to have the 1.12 update done already, but you know how life likes to occasionally mess with plans. >.> The only barrier to 1.12 now is confirming the transference of homes to a new plugin isn't going to be a total mess, which I have back in progress. Unless one of the current plugin developers decides to step things up, it looks unavoidable to lose granularity in home invites. Once the transference is more certain, a proper announcement/forewarning will be posted.
    As the above doesn't yet come with a specific time estimate, Ateph may be regenerated in the next week or two using the current server version, just because I was supposed to have done that a couple months ago. *shakes fist at AC for breaking at start of heat wave* Once 1.12 (and then 1.13) is applied, a more fresh regen will be done so all the "new" goodies you should have access to will be available.

1.13 will eventually come, but it'd be surprising if it was doable before the end of the year. While Spigot (and forked projects) are faster than ever to build for the new Minecraft versions, it's still very risky for established servers to rush implementation. Given the breaking changes that have occurred with 1.13, the warnings about potential world corruption are currently worth treating as serious, not just obligatory fine text.

Fidea and Primaxed like this.
  3. Primaxed

Primaxed Member

Thank you for the response :)

All is clear - wouldn't want to rush into an update only for all of my homes to be nullified! Regardless, can't wait for the updates whenever they do drop.
    (And especially looking forward to the new Ateph coming soon - woodland mansions pls!)
    ;)