Background Image

1. Enter the address play.pearlmc.net in to your Minecraft client to start playing on Pearlmc. :)
  2. We're on Twitter! Follow @PearlmcNet for updates and tips about our server!
  3. Be sure to Like our page on Facebook! We're at facebook.com/Pearlmc.Net
  4. Join our Discord server for both voice and text chat out of game!

Visit the Pearlmc Discord Server thread for full information.

Learning Java

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by cyberdrifter, Sep 17, 2014.

1. cyberdrifter

cyberdrifter Archon

Since I can never seem to get past chapter 6 of any Java programming book before thinking maybe X book is better and discussing with leronzadok his want to learn Java programming. We have started a little Learning Java group on slack.com. We are going to start with the Stanford free online class.

I have an ancient programming background but little experience Object Oriented programming languages none with Java. If you would like to join our group to learn (or even help us learn) please PM me your email address so I can add it to the Slack group.

Thanks,
    Cyberdrifter.

Jenna, Primaxed and Dragoness like this.
  2. Primaxed

Primaxed Member

I vaguely remember learning Java in school a couple of years ago... I was OK but I was constantly running into errors and having to solve them. I guess that's one of the beauties of programming; I love trial and error with programming, but it gets frustrating when I can't fix the problem, lol.

Jenna likes this.