Clicky

Background Image

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Enter the address play.pearlmc.net in to your Minecraft client to start playing on Pearlmc. :)
  3. We're on Twitter! Follow @PearlmcNet for updates and tips about our server!
  4. Be sure to Like our page on Facebook! We're at facebook.com/Pearlmc.Net
  5. Join our Discord server for both voice and text chat out of game!

Visit the Pearlmc Discord Server thread for full information.

Banned for Retribution Art.

Discussion in 'Appeals' started by IvyDreams, Sep 28, 2015.

1. IvyDreams

IvyDreams New Presence

I was banned for building art that was deemed obscene. I only built the art because a person claimed land I had just cleared. I was unable to claim the land myself because my game crashed. When I came back on the next day to claim it, someone else had ruined all my hard work and claimed right in the middle of it, building a cobblestone eyesore. I had cleared the land to make pixel art on and decided to use the land I was able to claim for this purpose. I had mentioned in chat that someone had stolen the land and I was planning on showing them my displeasure. I was never informed by any mods online that this was not acceptable and continued with the build. I was expressing my anger with someone else stealing all my hard work.

2. cyberdrifter

cyberdrifter Archon

IvyDreams,
    I did not witness the chat of which you spoke at the time, however Pearl is a family server. Making many small claims surrounding another player's claim to build a wall in order to limit access to another players claim is considered harassment. I wish you had made a PE so that maybe we could have negotiated with the other player to move his build. Instead you planed out and implemented rude pixel art.
    On Pearl any unclaimed land is fair game (not withstanding a gitich in our protection plugin). While your PC troubles may have prevented you from making that claim, you should have claimed that land before you began to build. The player that claimed and built on the land was not breaking any Pearl rules.
    We always recommend players add a buffer zone to their claims to prevent another player from building next to your construction.
    In your appeal I do not see any contrition nor assurance that you will not act the same way again should you think a player has acted unfairly to you. I will give you an opportunity (for 3 days) to make further comment in your appeal.

3. IvyDreams

IvyDreams New Presence

Like you said, any unclaimed land is fair game, so I claimed the land I had left unclaimed when I was able to get on. If you check. I didn't not claim just what was around the building. Also, the mod who was online, was yourself. I mentioned the issue and you made no attempt to help or remedy the problem. I said I would make them regret building in the land I had cleared and your only response was 'Uh Oh'. I am not sorry for what I did, however I was not trying to hurt people's feelings. If you ask people on the server who have known be for a long time (Krystalin & Dimbulb), that is the first offensive piece of art I have EVER built in my 4 years of playing Minecraft. I only built it because I felt I had no recourse due to your lack of action on the matter.

4. cyberdrifter

cyberdrifter Archon

IvyDreams,
    I may have been online (I don't know, if so I was AFK), however I did not see the conversation and guarantee that I did not types the words "Uh Oh", since I never have - ever, that type of thing is just not in my nature. Had I seen the conversation I would have reminded you of the rules as regard to claims and harassment (in private) especially as heated as you have described. Showing your displeasure with a few strategically placed signs (of a non-offencive nature) would not have been breaking our rules.
    I feel your statement "I only built it because I felt I had no recourse due to your lack of action on the matter." is a bit of a cop-out. If you have an issue with a player or staff you should make a petition instead of breaking fundamental rules of Pearl.

I am denying your ban appeal, however much to the reputation that you have on MT (and even your time on Pearl) you will be allowed to re-appeal in 1 month (November 1 2015).

*** edit ***
    Now that I have had time to look at the logs here is what I found:
    [2015-09-27 16:03:03] [G] <Staff member>: hi Ivy
    [2015-09-27 16:03:35] [G] IvyDreams: hey. trying to deal with someone stealing land I cleared
    [2015-09-27 16:03:47] [G] <Staff member>: aww
    [2015-09-27 16:04:07] [G] <Staff member>: sorry to hear that
    [2015-09-27 16:04:25] [G] IvyDreams: it's ok. they will regret it
    [2015-09-27 16:04:35] [G] <Staff member>: 0.0
    [2015-09-27 16:04:38] [G] IvyDreams: yep. that was the land I cleared
    [2015-09-27 16:04:54] [G] IvyDreams: I wasn't able to claim it because my game crashed
    [2015-09-27 16:06:11] [G] IvyDreams: I was able to claim the rest of it

No where in the logs of that day is there the word "Uh Oh", I take it this words were a paraphrase of the staff member "0.0" statement. I don't see anywhere in the logs where I would interpret statements by a staff member as not caring.
    I have reminded Pearl staff to ask players to make PE's when issues arise.
    I have edited out statement by non-staff as well as statements that were not relevant to the conversation. Further I have hidden the name of the staff member since this is a public forum.

I post this only in the hope to refresh your memory of exactly course of events as shown in the event logs of the day.
    ********* end edit ********

Last edited: Oct 2, 2015