Clicky

Background Image

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Enter the address play.pearlmc.net in to your Minecraft client to start playing on Pearlmc. :)
  3. We're on Twitter! Follow @PearlmcNet for updates and tips about our server!
  4. Be sure to Like our page on Facebook! We're at facebook.com/Pearlmc.Net
  5. Join our Discord server for both voice and text chat out of game!

Visit the Pearlmc Discord Server thread for full information.

ban appeal

Discussion in 'Appeals' started by alex_minecrafte, Apr 1, 2015.

1. alex_minecrafte

alex_minecrafte New Presence

This is a ban appeal request for My friend aideliciouspvp. He was banned from the server a couple of months ago. I am doing this appeal for him because his computer is pretty laggy, and because of that he is not able sign up for the website, and he also forgot his password. I have 1
    reason why he should be unbanned and 2 reasons of why he used x-ray.

First of all, he should be unbanned because I enjoy his company and he is essential for me to have most of my fun on the server. If I can't have fun on the server, my activity on the server will decline. He also might have essential items for trading to other people.

Second of all, I have reasons for why he used xray. He used xray because of the diamond armour that other people had compares to him not having armour. Because of that, he became jealous of their armour and wanted to have armour and weapons that everyone else had, so he used xray.

Another reason he used x-ray is because of the economy. He wanted to be able to sell his diamonds for pearls, and he thought that if he used xray, he would accomplish his goal of getting the legend rank.

Clearly, he was wrong to use xray, and over Skype he stated his apology to the server. He had told me that he wasn't thinking right and he was extremely tired. I had told him many times that what he did was not just dissapointing, but he was also breaking the rules of pearl and it was disrespectful. He had known that what he did was wrong, and he is really sorry that he did it. In conclusion, I think that he should be unbanned, and me and my friends that also play on the server agree with that. Sorry if this was too long, and if I wasted your time.
    Sincerely,
    Alex_minecrafte
    P.S. he told me that he will dispose any items that he had acquired while using xray.
    Bye

2. Dragoness

Dragoness Archon

Normally appeals made by a person other than the banned player are not accepted.
    It's rather hard to believe a person can use a modded Minecraft client, but cannot use website running on stable, mature software. Regarding forgetting an account password, there is a link on the website's login form to reset an account password. Feel free to clarify if I have misunderstood the explanation for the appeal by proxy.

If AideliciousPvp genuinely has issues accessing and logging into the website, I am willing to consider alternative methods for discussing his ban with him. Once direct communication is taken care of, the details of the appeal will be fully considered.

While I understand companionship is one of the largest factors in whether a server is enjoyable, friendship does not determine whether a ban will be maintained or released. It is part of my responsibility to keep people off the server that are willing to break the rules for selfish reasons, regardless of friendship status. I say this be be plainly honest, nothing more. It is respectable that you want to help a friend though. :)

3. aideliciouspvp

aideliciouspvp New Presence

Yes, i did use xray because of the economy and armour. i got a little bit selfish and maybe got a little too much. I think i got around 50-60 diamonds, but i had a fortune 2 pickaxe. anyway, i will return all those diamonds, but can you please tell me who to give them to? I am very sorry about using xray and i hope you forgive me. I know that i have broken the rules of Pearl MC and i was really tired. Long story short, i did use xray and break the rules of Pearl MC, and i am sorry. I hope I will get unbanned. I'm sorry for not doing the ban appeal earlier myself.
    -AideliciousPvp
    Also, by the way, how can i change my username on this account (on this website) to be AideliciousMC because i think that I am rather bad at minecraft pvp, and better at normal minecraft? Also can i change the email? Thanks.

4. Dragoness

Dragoness Archon

Thank you for the honesty and apology. I will set the ban to expire on April 10. When you are next able to login, place all wrongly-gained items in a chest unavailable to others and create a petition at the chest noting they are the items related to this ban. Either myself or cyberdrifter will take the items and close the petition.

I expect you will better value having access to Pearl from now on and will remain honorable to the rules we have in place.

For your questions...
    I handle name changes on the forum and can see to updating yours. If you're intending to change your in-game name, I recommend waiting until after you can log in to the server. You can personally change your forum account's email address on the "Contact Details" page. If you hover your name in the upper right corner of the page, you'll see the link to this and several other personal settings.